Conferences, webinars, and on-site training are available for adoptive & foster families, as well as the professionals who support them. Whether online or in-person, with a small group or at a large conference, we offer various training opportunities to suit the needs of both busy parents and trained professionals in Alabama and around the world.
Find a training
• Online Training: On-demand training and certification for Adoptive Parents, Foster Families, and Professionals.
• On-site Training: Speakers are available on a variety of adoption-related topics. These trainings have been developed by APAC staff and are provided on-site by request.
• Permanency Conference: Annual statewide conference for Alabama DHR permanency staff, as well as other adoption & foster care professionals.
• Statewide Training Events: The Trained Therapist Network initiative brings in national experts in the area of childhood trauma, attachment, grief & loss, permanency, and other adoption-related topics.
• Training for Adoption Competency (TAC): Annual training for professionals, addresses the needs of members in the entire adoption kinship network for quality mental health services.
• Webinars: Free webinars are offered throughout the year with topics relevant to the needs of adoptive and foster families.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are provided for on-site training attendees, through live webinar participation and through our on-demand training courses.
Children's Aid Society of Alabama is an approved CEU provider by the Alabama Board of Social Work Examiners.
(CE Provider #0039)
Children's Aid Society is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is responsible solely for all aspects of the program.
(NBCC Provider #6459)
Click the link below to join our mailing list and be the first to know about our upcoming webinars, live training events and the latest news with our on-demand training opportunities.
If you have any questions about any of our training opportunities, please reach out to our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-803-2722.