Children's Aid Society, a non-profit organization established in 1912, recruits for administrative/management, clerical, clinical, social service, and paraprofessional positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. CAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Instructions to apply:
- Review current openings listed.
- Download and fill out each of the following documents.
- Upload documents in specified locations on CAS Application for Employment or email to email@example.com.
Children's Aid Society of Alabama is a non-profit social services agency changing lives, building families, and strengthening communities in Alabama for over 100 years. APAC is a program of CAS.
The Pre-Adoption Team Leader is responsible for coordinating APAC’s pre-adoption services statewide. The position guides and supervises APAC’s recruitment, training, and home study services related to adoptive family resources under the supervision of the APAC Program Director.
The Pre-Adoption Team Leader Qualifications:
· Master's degree in Social Work, LMSW or LICSW.
· Five years’ experience in Alabama’s child welfare services, with 5 years in adoption/foster care.
· Management experience, excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
· Ability to respond calmly and non-judgmentally to others, including persons in crisis.
· Ability to work as a team leader and player, encouraging a positive atmosphere for a teamwork approach. Computer proficiency.
· Ability to demonstrate cultural and socioeconomic proficiency.
· Understanding of trauma informed care.
· Must have reliable automobile, valid AL driver's license and liability insurance with bodily injury limits of 100/300, clearance with the Alabama Central Registry on Child Abuse and Neglect, and/or other clearances that may be legally mandated or authorized.
The Pre-Adoption Team Leader is a full-time position based in Birmingham, with travel, some overnight. Benefits include:
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Retirement plan
· Paid leave/holidays
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
APAC Family Advocate (Birmingham, Huntsville and Mobile,AL) Three Full-Time (Click for detailed description)
These positions are responsible for supporting the Team Leader and assisting in providing all regional APAC services.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related degree, LMSW preferred. More than 3 years in casework or clinical work with adoptive/foster families. Prefer LMSW, LICSW license/eligible. Valid Alabama driver license and auto insurance minimum liability 100/300. Good communication and problem-solving skills. Computer proficiency. Ability to respond calmly and non-judgmentally to others, including persons in crisis. Ability to work with a team while evidencing the ability to think critically; plan and carry independent work when directed by a Regional Team Leader. Ability to demonstrate cultural and socioeconomic proficiency. Understanding of trauma informed care.
Children’s Aid Society of Alabama (CAS) seeks to pair interested individuals with appropriate internship opportunities. Our mission is, “Changing Lives, Building Families, Strengthening Communities.” CAS programs serve children, youth and families through a variety of initiatives you may preview throughout this website. If you are interested in interning at CAS, please download and submit the application by email, mail, or fax. Thank you for your interest!