There's No Place Like Home: Exploring the Wonderful World of Trauma-Responsive Permanency (Huntsville)
This interactive workshop will help participants understand the value of taking a permanency- oriented, developmentally-informed, and trauma- responsive approach when working with children and youth. Strategies will also be presented that support achieving a “no matter what” family for every child.
Topics to be discussed:
- Developmental aspects and lifelong benefits of permanence
- Lifelong impact of trauma on health and well-being
- Multi-sensory approach to supporting traumatized children
- “Trauma-responsive, hope-infused” resiliency tool-kit
- The importance of self-care as part of a trauma-informed strategy
Lunch on your own
5.5 NBCC & Social Work CEs are available for only $55 for pre-registered participants!
*Payment due prior to training date or cost is $75 for walk-ins
Note: There's no cost for foster parent CEs or DHR employees. County and State slots will been allotted for DHR staff.
CAS is an approved Continuing Education Provider for ABSWE (#0039).
Children's Aid Society is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Children's Aid Society is responsible solely for all aspects of the program.
(NBCC Provider #6459)
If you have questions, please contact our training staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.